Who wants to turn on the oven in the middle of summer? Not me! Here’s 10 delicious and fruity summer no-bake desserts for your eating pleasure.
No Churn Ice CreamsNo oven, no problem. Delicious summer no-bake desserts you just gotta try.Click To Tweet
No Bake Pies
No Bake Cheesecakes
Behold our former living room in all it’s wallpapered glory:
So obviously I’m pretty terrible at before pictures. I’ll try and be better as I do the other rooms. Anyway, after countless hours of scraping wallpaper and popcorn ceiling (still not totally done that), trying to repair walls, and cursing the person who DID NOT primer before wallpapering in 1929, the living room is painted!
Bonus: We finally figured out a furniture configuration that works for us and promotes conversation. I am still planning on painting the bookshelves, but that can wait until I’m done painting all the rooms. I would also love to buy some decorative things, but it’s not in the budget until the other house sells.
I’m in a giant hurry to paint everything because we want to rip out the floors and get new ones in before the snow flies. It also takes time to order the wood and it has to sit in the house for a couple of weeks to acclimatize. But! It will all be worth it to have a house that doesn’t stink!! (There’s pet stains in the wood. Removing the wallpaper has helped the smell, but it is still definitely there.)
As for what’s up next, it’s on to the dining room! Only some minor wallpaper removal there, so hopefully I can get this room done in a week instead of a month.
So, what do you think? Let me know in the comments, and feel free to pin and share if you like it!
Hot July days bring loads of delicious raspberries to pick and eat. Now that you’ve cleaned and frozen them, what do you do? Make lots of delicious raspberry baking! Here’s 10 recipes you’ve got to try.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from them I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting this site!
Check out these 10 must-try recipes to use up all your raspberries!Click To Tweet Clueless about processing your raspberries? Click to find essential tips and tricks.Click To Tweet
Five Raspberry Tricks and Tips
- Raspberries go bad quickly, so plan to process them the day you pick them. Tupperware’s Fridge Smart containers can buy you a couple of extra days.
- When canning or making jam, make sure you have all your equipment ready to go. There’s nothing worse than your jam boiling over because you were in the basement looking for extra lids.
- Wipe up any spills immediately. Hot summer days=fruit flies.
- The order of what to do when making raspberry jam can be confusing. Heat the pot of water to boil, pop your jars in the oven to sterilize, soften your lids, then start your jam.
- Boil your jam in a container that holds twice as much as the amount of jam you want to make. Smaller containers will boil over.
Pin me for later!
What’s your favourite way to use your raspberries? Let me know in the comments!
It’s raspberry season over at my mother-in-law’s acreage and they sure are plentiful this year. I don’t know what it is, but this year they are especially sweet.